From the ever-popular Shirakawa series from the Musashi Silver Collection comes the Gold Dragonfly Katana. This beautifully hand crafted katana is forged using the traditional Japanese technique known as Muku-kitae. The blade is clay tempered using 1060 carbon steel. The hamon and hardness (55 HRC) were created during the tempering process. It features a real ray skin handle wrapped in blue cotton cord. The Fuchi and Kashira are made of brass and the Tsuba features a hand etched design. The saya is laquered glossy piano black.
- 40.5" overall length
- Full tang construction
- Hand forged in the traditional Muku-kitae method
- 1060 carbon steel blade treated using the tsukurikomi process
- Firing pattern steel blade with water temper process
- Hand carved brass Tsuba, Fuchi and Kashira
- Certificate of Authenticity